The Citizens for a Civic Auditorium, now called The Lyric, purchased the Iris Theater from Movie Palaces, Inc. in September, 2015. The group has remodeled the lobby space, built a catering kitchen and constructed offices for the staff. The remodel was completed in January of 2016.
While the Lyric undertakes extensive fundraising plans to finance the new auditorium, the remodeled spaces will be used as a source of income. The plan includes the following:
- The business offices for the staff have been relocated to the new Lyric building.
- The basement storage units will continue to be rented. There are seven spaces available to rent with approximately 10,000 square feet of total storage area.
- The lobby space can be rented for large events, meetings, weddings, charity events, and other private events.
- A large catering kitchen is available for rent.
- Several of the current theaters are available for rent. The spaces can be used for meetings, presentations, concerts, classes, demonstrations and other similar uses. There are 4 large theaters (~200+ seats) and 4 small theaters (~100 seats). One large and one small theatre will be outfitted with audio-visual capabilities.